Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hi-Kick and Tattoo Festival!!!

Saturday:

A great, eventful day! But what's new?? We headed to the Edinburgh Castle took a lovely tour then had free time to enjoy the festival!

At the Castle!

Walking down the streets of Edinburgh, right below the castle.

My friends and I probably picked the best/worst show to watch. It was called "Hi-Kick"... Asians dancing with soccer balls...a little seductively. Need I say more?? I felt like I was on drugs, watching those weird Asian game shows that only come on at 3 in the morning on the Game Show Network. And to answer your question that is probably running through your head... YES. I have watched those. You can sometimes get desperate for entertainment in Logan.

Fondue with my dear Abbie!

About to go see Hi-Kick!

It was a memorable experience. My favorite part of the day was when I went to the Tattoo Festival. No, it's not some ink art festival, I don't have a "tramp stamp" (Don't worry Mom and Dad...). It's actually a military band festival! Bagpipes, kilts, and all of the UK military forces doing a spectacular performance?? Don't mind if I do! I don't know what it is... but I love the bagpipes and a good ol' kilt. Gives me goosebumps!

My families street!!! Kind of... they forgot a T, but close enough!


At The Elephant House, home of Harry Potter. Yes. I just made another HP reference. Deal with it!

It was amazing. So amazing I cried in it. I was just sitting there, right next to the Edinburgh Castle, with all of this amazing music, and it just hit me how blessed I've been. My time here is running out, and it's bitter sweet. I've loved every minute of my time here, and don't want this great experience to end. And yet, I think it will be good to see my family and friends. Perhaps have some Taco Bell too. That would be nice.

Panoramic view of Tattoo!!!

Sunday:

 The longest, most miserable bus ride, ever. I don't even want to talk about it. We all hit a state of pure insanity. But I'm back in London. Safely. Emotionally scarred, but safe.

We did stop in Kibworth (a place we have been studying in class) and had dinner at the pub!

3 comments:

  1. So grateful you don't have a "tramp stamp"!! Also, just think, no more coach/bus rides - hooray for you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISS YOUUUUUUUUUU!! I'm looking through all of your posts just letting my eyes tear up, don't worry about it. But have such a lovely week in Virginia, I can't wait to see you soon! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you to watch Hi-Kick...i'm the Girl in show...

    ReplyDelete