Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Day I found Marks & Spencer in York




We unfortunately had to leave the Lake District (an excellent place to retire, in my personal opinion) and we headed to York for the night! York, or Jorvik, was settled by the Vikings; my people! We headed to the Jorvik Viking Center… it was a scary place. Why was it scary you ask? It was scary because they had this “It’s a Small World” type ride, Viking style. They had wax figures. Never a good idea. I did see some fossilized Viking feces… which was unfortunately the highlight of that Center. Pretty grim I know.
Walking down the streets of York

After being scarred by the wax Vikings, we headed down some tiny fun streets to York Minster (their Cathedral) and had a cool tour!
The street that inspire J.K. Rowling for Diagon Alley. Yes folks, that was another HP reference.

We then had free time in York! Aaaannnnddd commence my Marks & Spencer experience. This. Is. My. New. Favorite. Store. It is similar to Target, but classier, and 1000 times better. Heaven knows I adore Target. It’s Heaven in version of a store. Well. I think Marks & Spencer is the best thing that could have ever happened to this Earth. (I may be being a little dramatic, but it’s freaking awesome!)

They have everything! Food, furniture, clothes, truly everything! I want to register there for my wedding (I’m getting a little ahead of myself…). But if they ever got one in the U.S., I would most likely shed tears of joy! Anyways… It was an awesome place. If you ever get the chance to visit, make a day of it.
FAVORITE PLACE!

That was a quick version of my day in York! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I want to shop at Marks and Spencer!! The streets in England are so charming - I want to go back and visit all the places you've seen!!

    ReplyDelete