Monday, August 6, 2012

The Discovery Section: V&A Edition

 "What adventures did you have today Megan??" Well folks! I visited Portebello Road. It's a market with lots of shops, good food, street performers, and antiques! A great way to spend the morning, afterwards I ventured to the Victoria & Albert Museum. Many people recommended this museum to me! And I LOVED IT!!! Perhaps for different reasons though...

At the market with Becca!!!

I'm a kid at heart. Always have been, always will be. I don't know what it is, but I love a good kids "Discovery Area". And guess what! They V&A Museum had a kickin' one! Before my Discovery section however, I started my journey just looking at their time period clothing and some of their exhibits concerning Victorian Era living. I found it all very fascinating!

Then I found the dress up section... and it went downhill from there.

You are NEVER too old for dress ups :)

I also learned how to build a chair. Basically it was a Victorian style glorified version of IKEA. And yet it seemed like much more fun than assembling a desk for school!

Oh, I forgot that I hate assembling things...

Em and I trying to figure the darn thing out!

BOOM! It just took me FOREVER. No big deal.
 
Next they had these AMAZING chairs that supposedly defy gravity. Well. I found a way to prove that was a false statement! They are these spiny chairs, and you can practically be horizontal in them (if that makes any sense) without falling out. Little did they realize I can find a way through any loophole. Aka.... I fell. Everyone stared and looked at me.... a little embarrassing. But I just laughed it off. Here is a pictured tale of my accident. Lucky for me, Jace was documenting all of this.

Rocky start...

Aannnddd she makes contact folks.
Clearly I was bummed about the whole ordeal.

But it's okay! I got back on it with Emilee!

And had a grand ol' time :)

Here's a random picture of me at the museum dancing with Jace Face. It was this huge empty room... it was just asking to be danced in!!!
Those were the highlights of my day! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it to the Victoria and Albert Museum - I SO wanted to see it when we were there!

    Love your dancing picture - you go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete