Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Last Day in London

I am a little sad writing this blog post because today was my last official day in London. Heartbreaking I know.

I started out my day loading up on chocolate for family and friends. I have my priorities straight! After that I started packing up my stuff (which is a HUGE task, I've accumulated quite a lot of stuff). Headed over to Nando's for my last time, and then went to Spittafield's market! Afterwards I headed over and took a short bike ride in Hyde Park and had Taza's while people watching. Just soaking it all in. Walked over to the Olympic Park, and watched some of the Olympic events on the big screens that they have there.

We met some really fun characters there and had a grand ol' time. Afterwards, we thought it only appropriate to head over and say goodbye to the heart of London (Big Ben) one last time. There was this really cool video being projected on Parliament. I started crying, just looking up at the video. We tossed coins into the Thames, made a wish. And hung around the area just looking up at the buildings. It was the perfect ending to a perfect trip in London.

We have a tradition of leaving your mark on the bed you sleep on! Here's mine!

And...another part of mine...

Stocking up for the winter!

NANDO'S!!!

Hyde Park!

Goodbye London Eye...

Making a wish...

Thinking really hard about it (it was a VERY good wish)

The video on Parliament

My wonderful bunkmate, dearest Kim
I went back home and finished packing up (pure chaos in our room by the way). Said some of my goodbyes to people who where packing up early, and fell asleep.

1 comment:

  1. We just ate one of those delicious CHOCOLATE bars you brought home. I'm a FAN. I want MORE Bueno (the hazelnut bar). Do you think they sell them at the London Market??

    ReplyDelete